The portal is a centralised, across Government, online property information repository and workflow system for managing the disposal process for properties declared surplus by Crown agencies. It provides information for Crown agencies, Territorial Local Authorities, Regional Councils, and Iwi, to facilitate their decision making.
This secure system supports the Crown property disposal process ensuring the Crown fulfils it’s obligations to Iwi under Treaty Settlement legislation. This system provides iwi and other users with access to more information (including photos and maps) about Crown properties in disposal, provides more time for iwi to make decisions, and makes it easier to accept or decline formal Right of First Refusal offers.
The portal has functionality supporting Crown property disposal processes covering:
- Notifications and response options for Crown Agency Clearances
- Preliminary notices to iwi regarding Crown property entering the disposal process
- Formal 'Right of First Refusal' offers to Iwi
- Protection Mechanism processes for property to be held for future Treaty Settlements and Deferred Selection
- Accessing information about properties held in the Landbank for future Treaty Settlements and Deferred Selection
If you would like to access the portal, please request new account.
The following video provides an overview about the portal functionality.